10.21.2009

*Tribute to my favorite Sara Tolliver*

One of my dearest friends, Sara Tolliver, left the country today to move to Niger with the Peace Corps for the next two years.

In honor of her...I write this post.

Sara was assigned to me as a "random roommate" during my first semester of college at UF in May 2005. We immediately became close friends and have remained so for the last 4+ years.
We lived together again during our sophomore year of college and have shared so many amazing, FUN memories together over the years.
Sara is one of the most incredible people I know. She truly has the heart of a servant, and has accomplished so many awesome things since I have known her. Namely...last summer she spent 3 months riding a BICYCLE across the US (from Jacksonville to San Fransisco) with an organzation called Bike and Build. The team raises money to go...rides their bikes literally across the nation and stops every few days along the way to help build houses with Habitat for Humanity. I don't know how she survived that...but she's seriously such a trooper. She thrives on challenges and is a true winner in my book.

Now she's moving to Africa to work with the people of Niger in the animal husbandry field. I know she is going to accomplish great things....although I already miss her TONS!

Before she left...she came to Ft Myers to visit! Here's a few pics of our day together! :)



We LOVE you Sara and are so so so proud of you! Can't wait to see you again.
<3 barbarbar

No comments: