11.18.2009

The first day of the rest of our lives: The Ceremony

Videography: David Gilland
Officiant: Phil Courson, Pastor at Abundant Grace Community Church




The ceremony. I don't even know where to start. Honestly...I think everything was perfect! My parents actually got married in this same chapel, so that made the event extra special! :)

Everything looked great (besides those red movie theatre seats FBC refuses to replace lol)...simple yet elegant. The Thursday before we (mom, Kim, Gabe, Aunt Tina and me) spent a few hours stringing the tulle and lights down the aisles. It was a perfect touch to make the place "glow." The florist did an awesome job with their decorations too!

I'm trying to remember what I thought and what I felt during this part of the day...but that 30 minute ceremony seriously felt like about 5 minutes. I couldn't believe how it flew by.

I was totally nervous/excited right before walking out, but once I did it just felt like a dream. I had to keep reminding myself that this was MY wedding. That it was ME in the gorgeous white dress, that all these people were gathered here to support US, and that I was headed straight towards MY (soon-to-be) husband. It was completely surreal. I tried to take it all in, but it was just so much all at once! My gorgeous wedding party lined up across the stage (yes, somehow all 18 of us fit across there!), all the decorations, the people, everything at once.







Phil did an incredible job with the ceremony. He spoke about how throughout our relationship, we have truly sought to bring glory to God and how that should continue even more now in our marriage. It was so sweet and just beautiful. I am so amazed at what a incredible picture we were at that moment--symbolizing the love and commitment between the church and our true love, Jesus Christ. There is SO much more to a wedding than the flowers and the candles and the pretty dress. Its ALL about our Savior and it was so amazing to be a part of explaining that to the world.


We did the traditional stuff--vows, rings, unity candle, all that jazz. It was just such a special time. Wow. I couldn't believe it was over so quickly...but when we were announced as Mr. and Mrs. Gabriel Bedenbaugh...there couldn't have been a happier person in the world.




I was a little excited...






No comments: