11.19.2009

The final wedding post...Details!

Just in case you're interested in some of the details incorporated into our special day...here are a few of my favorites!


My wedding shoes and tiara. Although I desperately wanted to have those cute wedding pictures with the hot pink high heels...my dress was too short for that and it was a blessing in disguise. I'm SO glad I got away with flip flops, it did wonders for my feet! :) And the tiara was my "something borrowed" from my sweet friend and bridesmaid, Jenna! She wore it in her wedding last May!




The memory candle. We had a candle lit in honor of 4 of our family members who have passed. White roses were places on their seats in their memory. And the dogtag you see in the picture belongs to Gabe's great grandfather who was killed in battle, but Gabe wears the dogtag every single day. He took it off for the ceremony and placed it on the candle in honor of his great grandfather.




The flowers. Done by Park Avenue Bridal...I was very pleased with everything they did! The ladies were SO helpful every step of the way. I also got to see everything the day before the wedding and make changes to the arrangements. Here's some pictures of my bouquet and the church decorations!







The invitations and programs. I designed and made all these myself! We had a little help with assembly on the invitations from a printing company (another nightmare)...but the programs were all put together by family and friends.



(We also sent out matching Directions, Reception and RSVP cards!)







Rings. I love wearing these every day! ;)



Reception Decoration. We put all the centerpieces together and I loved how it all turned out. We alternated centerpieces, using some shorter ones with all vases and gorgeous candlelight, and mixing in some taller 20" vases with gladiola to add some height.





The specialty tables. Just love the way all the little details came together to make our cake table and sweetheart tables so awesome!




Card cage. This one is a little random...but it was a cute detail that I really liked!



Guest book. We had a DIY guestbook and I love that we were able to showcase our engagement pictures and add a little fun and personality to this detail of our wedding. We also have a really unique momento we have to keep forever! I used My Publisher to create the book. It was really user friendly and I got to arrange everything how I wanted it. It was very affordable and turned out great!






And last but not least...The Favors. Gabe and I really wanted to give something extra special to our guests. Everyone knows we love music...and that's what brought us together in the first place. So...we recorded a CD with 6 songs...some of each of us singing individually and some that we sang together. It was a lot of work...but we had so much fun doing it! I'm so glad we were able to share this with all our friends and family and also to have for the rest of our lives! Someday our kids are gonna love this!








No comments: