3.12.2010

Ready for a GOOD weekend :)

Post-marriage...there are no more "last name" jokes! How sad!! Seriously--if you can make Bedenbaugh into a funny one-liner...PLEASE let me know. I digress.

Anyway--prayers are much appreciated for my family. This past Monday, my sweet grandpa (dad's dad) was given about a week to live, according to his hospice nurse. he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure in January 2009 and has been a fighter ever since! It's hard to tell if it's really the end for him or not...but according to the nurse, it looks like the day is approaching. :(

My aunt and uncle (who live in Cambodia) came home, and praise the Lord, were able to make it in time to see him. They plan to stay home for a month. We are excited to see them...but sad for the circumstances that bring us together again.

Gabe and I made a trip to Sebring to visit on Wednesday and had a nice afternoon/evening with my grandma and grandpa. Grandpa is definitely having trouble breathing...but he's still very alert and cracking jokes like always. We were glad to see them and spend some quality time together...especially not knowing when our last chance like that will be. :/

So tomorrow morning we are heading to Sebring for a very GOOD weekend. The whole Good family will be there (all NINE of us!) and we're having a family picnic! :) I'm excited to be all together to support my grandpa and just remind him how much he is loved.

We are so sad to see his 91 years possibly coming to a close...but he has lived such an amazing life honoring the Lord. He is truly a picture of servanthood and is such a wonderful example of a godly man. Gabe and I have been so honored to follow in my grandparents footsteps and learn from them what a marriage should look like. And they should know--they've been married nearly 67 years. <3

So...I hope to post next week with good news. It could be that my grandpa is still hanging in there and making us all laugh...or it could be that he is dancing in Heaven with Jesus.
Prayers are appreciated for my family during this challenging time. Thanks in advance.





No comments: